I had a free moment this morning to take a few photographs while I made carrot soup. I was fortunate to harvest a few carrots from the garden. I cooked the carrots until soft in a pot of rice milk and water. The soup turned out really good. Tomorrow I am making a roasted fennel and mushroom soup. Just bought the fennel and mushrooms at my local market, Dogwoods. I am very sad. They are going out of business. This Sunday will be their last day. I buy quite a bit of produce from Dogwood’s that I can’t get elsewhere especially fennel, raddicchio and Napa cabbage. If anyone knows a local market that sells these three items please let me know.
January 10, 2012
Monday’s Carrot Soup
About Bill Disselhorst
I am a bloody Irishman, but a real Italian Wannabe. I'll take Italy over Los Angeles and Dublin any day. Give me a plate of homemade pasta and an espresso with lots of crema and when I am through eating and I'll think I am in heavan. View all posts by Bill Disselhorst
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 at 5:15 am and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- RT @VaLeciaAdams: .@RepTedLieu Our community can’t #endhomelessness without federal funding. We need at least $2.8B for @HUDgov Homeless As… 1 year ago
- RT @LittleBeastEats: Our heart and best wishes go out to the family and friends of @thejgold Such a sad and tragic time. 1 year ago
- Holiday Hours fioremarketcafe.com/2017/12/26/hol… https://t.co/QNGieVXAe4 2 years ago
- Bread Classes in 2018 fioremarketcafe.com/2017/12/01/bre… https://t.co/kUyfQ9k8WC 2 years ago
- Bread Class before Christmas fioremarketcafe.com/2017/11/22/bre… https://t.co/VjdSS8ie9B 2 years ago