I had a free moment this morning to take a few photographs while I made carrot soup. I was fortunate to harvest a few carrots from the garden. I cooked the carrots until soft in a pot of rice milk and water. The soup turned out really good. Tomorrow I am making a roasted fennel and mushroom soup. Just bought the fennel and mushrooms at my local market, Dogwoods. I am very sad. They are going out of business. This Sunday will be their last day. I buy quite a bit of produce from Dogwood’s that I can’t get elsewhere especially fennel, raddicchio and Napa cabbage. If anyone knows a local market that sells these three items please let me know.
January 10, 2012
Monday’s Carrot Soup
About Bill Disselhorst
I am a bloody Irishman, but a real Italian Wannabe. I'll take Italy over Los Angeles and Dublin any day. Give me a plate of homemade pasta and an espresso with lots of crema and when I am through eating and I'll think I am in heavan. View all posts by Bill Disselhorst
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 at 5:15 am and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Holiday Hours fioremarketcafe.com/2017/12/26/hol… https://t.co/QNGieVXAe4 3 months ago
- Bread Classes in 2018 fioremarketcafe.com/2017/12/01/bre… https://t.co/kUyfQ9k8WC 4 months ago
- Bread Class before Christmas fioremarketcafe.com/2017/11/22/bre… https://t.co/VjdSS8ie9B 5 months ago
- This is Fleur fioremarketcafe.com/2017/11/11/thi… https://t.co/kFVNGzRLJ9 5 months ago
- Old is really cool fioremarketcafe.com/2017/09/08/old… https://t.co/bLGhAV8k4X 7 months ago