I had a free moment this morning to take a few photographs while I made carrot soup. I was fortunate to harvest a few carrots from the garden. I cooked the carrots until soft in a pot of rice milk and water. The soup turned out really good. Tomorrow I am making a roasted fennel and mushroom soup. Just bought the fennel and mushrooms at my local market, Dogwoods. I am very sad. They are going out of business. This Sunday will be their last day. I buy quite a bit of produce from Dogwood’s that I can’t get elsewhere especially fennel, raddicchio and Napa cabbage. If anyone knows a local market that sells these three items please let me know.
January 10, 2012
Monday’s Carrot Soup
About Bill Disselhorst
I am a bloody Irishman, but a real Italian Wannabe. I'll take Italy over Los Angeles and Dublin any day. Give me a plate of homemade pasta and an espresso with lots of crema and when I am through eating and I'll think I am in heavan. View all posts by Bill Disselhorst
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 at 5:15 am and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Happy Holidays fioremarketcafe.com/2016/12/25/hap… https://t.co/tIv0xPz9aj 2 months ago
- RT @KeepSoPasWeird: Without question, the best place for lunch in #southpasadena is @fioremarketcafe. 2nd place? Maybe the ramen place next… 3 months ago
- RT @PartsUnknownCNN: Enjoy Nashville, @sienna9618! 😀 twitter.com/sienna9618/sta… 5 months ago
- RT @MuttiPomodoro: Se la nostra cucina è così buona, dobbiamo qualcosa a loro…Auguri a tutti i nonni del mondo! #FestadeiNonni https://t.co… 5 months ago
- RT @aperture24: 📷 The word Ristretto..reminds me on Geneva 1985.. there was this cafe, where they would serve... tmblr.co/ZuM8Ly2Csh5IV 5 months ago