I had a free moment this morning to take a few photographs while I made carrot soup. I was fortunate to harvest a few carrots from the garden. I cooked the carrots until soft in a pot of rice milk and water. The soup turned out really good. Tomorrow I am making a roasted fennel and mushroom soup. Just bought the fennel and mushrooms at my local market, Dogwoods. I am very sad. They are going out of business. This Sunday will be their last day. I buy quite a bit of produce from Dogwood’s that I can’t get elsewhere especially fennel, raddicchio and Napa cabbage. If anyone knows a local market that sells these three items please let me know.
January 10, 2012
Monday’s Carrot Soup
About Bill Disselhorst
I am a bloody Irishman, but a real Italian Wannabe. I'll take Italy over Los Angeles and Dublin any day. Give me a plate of homemade pasta and an espresso with lots of crema and when I am through eating and I'll think I am in heavan. View all posts by Bill Disselhorst
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 at 5:15 am and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Parlez vous Vave unheardstories.org/2017/07/04/par… via @wordpressdotcom 2 weeks ago
- Unheard Stories fioremarketcafe.com/2017/06/15/unh… https://t.co/GyDNfnQLuv 1 month ago
- plus.google.com/11006264197842… 1 month ago
- RT @guarnaschelli: Cavatappi pasta @ButterNYC has been on the menu for years. If you haven't had it, we'll wait here for you to come get i… 3 months ago
- RT @TheTuscanGun: A late evening #carbonara with a great #guanciale and some cracked pepper. #saturdaynight #supertuscan https://t.co/LwH5E… 3 months ago