I had a free moment this morning to take a few photographs while I made carrot soup. I was fortunate to harvest a few carrots from the garden. I cooked the carrots until soft in a pot of rice milk and water. The soup turned out really good. Tomorrow I am making a roasted fennel and mushroom soup. Just bought the fennel and mushrooms at my local market, Dogwoods. I am very sad. They are going out of business. This Sunday will be their last day. I buy quite a bit of produce from Dogwood’s that I can’t get elsewhere especially fennel, raddicchio and Napa cabbage. If anyone knows a local market that sells these three items please let me know.
January 10, 2012
Monday’s Carrot Soup
About Bill Disselhorst
I am a bloody Irishman, but a real Italian Wannabe. I'll take Italy over Los Angeles and Dublin any day. Give me a plate of homemade pasta and an espresso with lots of crema and when I am through eating and I'll think I am in heavan. View all posts by Bill Disselhorst
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 at 5:15 am and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Holiday Hours December 2020 fioremarketcafe.com/2020/12/25/hol… 9 months ago
- sidedooraccess.com/shows/GrNXkG3B… via @sidedooraccess 1 year ago
- Fiore Market Cafe fioremarketcafe.com/2020/06/02/fio… 1 year ago
- Upcoming Virtual Bread Class fioremarketcafe.com/2020/04/29/upc… https://t.co/wsMu04yrvL 1 year ago
- Fiore Market Cafe fioremarketcafe.com/2020/04/27/fio… https://t.co/jj3AegZ1wc 1 year ago